More about Thea
I am Thea van der Merwe, a nationally and internationally trained holistic energy and spiritual shaman, healer and teacher. I am also an intuitive and do readings as a way of accessing spiritual guidance and to complement the wide range of healing therapies offered.
One of my greatest passions is Reiki and I have trained extensively in this field. I am a certified and experienced Master Reiki Practitioner, qualified in Usui Reiki, Reijukido, Karuna® Reiki and Gendai Reiki. I have also obtained the title of Shihan (full master/teacher), the highest level in Gendai Reiki Ho.
Recently I have also been journeying towards my calling as a Shaman. I have personally gone through the deep levels of soul healing on this journey and as a qualified and experienced Shaman can now also assist in the facilitation of healing for others
I was first introduced to holistic and complementary therapies in 2005 when I was personally in need of healing and searching for something more than what conventional medicine and therapy could provide. Exposure to holistic healing from such an intimate perspective set me off on a journey of personal discovery, growth and healing… and also a re-evaluation of my goals in life. I had to choose a different path for myself and over a period of two years I was more and more drawn to providing others with the space and support to embark on their individual journeys towards healing and well-being.
There is a Buddhist Proverb that says “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”. This is very appropriate in my case because when I was finally ready, a Reiki teacher appeared. It is with gratitude that I can look back today at the opportunity this serendipitous turn of events provided me with. Reiki is the platform from which my development and growth as a holistic energy and Shamanic healer took off.
I use the most appropriate therapy to a specific client or situation to bring about healing on all levels – body, mind, emotion and spirit. After a treatment session I am frequently told by my clients how wonderful and vital they feel and that they have an increased sense of wellness and balance. It is with a profound sense of wonderment and gratitude that I too see and sense the healing brought about by the various methods of energy healing. It is remarkable that we are able to tap into the source of energy – Universal life-force energy to promote healing on all levels – we just need to be open and receptive to it.
I have studied at various schools and individual teachers, amongst these the School of Natural Health Sciences (SNHS) based in the UK. I am currently an International Contact for South Africa for the SNHS and anybody wanting to further their professional development is welcome to contact me for further information.
Finally, I am nationally and internationally registered with the South African Reiki Masters Association and The Reiki Healing Association respectively. These are both professional associations for the local and global Reiki communities, working to promote the wide-reaching practice and healing effects of Reiki throughout the world and where the primary philosophy is that together, we can do so much more.
Terms & Conditions (unless otherwise pre-arranged):
- Payment for treatments on weekdays is required at least 3 days prior to the treatment date
- Payment for treatments on Saturdays is required at least the Monday prior to the treatment date
- Payment for courses is required at least 14 days prior to the course commencement date
- Bookings of treatments and/or courses are only confirmed once payment has been received
- No cancellation fee applies if booking is cancelled/rescheduled prior to 7 days from course date, or 48 hours prior to treatment appointment date
- 10% cancellation fee applies if booking is cancelled/rescheduled within 7 days of course commencement date
- 25% cancellation fee applies if booking is cancelled/rescheduled within 48 hours of treatment appointment or course commencement date
- 100% cancellation fee applies if booking is cancelled/rescheduled within 24 hours of treatment appointment or course commencement date